As the day passes, automation is growing and acquiring more and more industries. It saves time and energy of humans by performing monotonous tasks with predefined standards. Also, it streamlines the business operations and also accomplishes smooth organizational processes. IT industry is also leveraging automation and it’s best example is automation testing tools. Testing is a crucial phase of software development. A web or mobile application without testing is not considered as a reliable one. Users might face bugs, low system performance, malfunctioning of the features due to low level of testing. Eventually it reduces a client base. So for more accuracy, automated testing tools are here for you. Properly organized automated testing reduces the time required for a testing process.
You can also know the- Important Considerations For Mobile App Testing
There is a wide variety of tools for automation. Some are free, whereas others are expensive. Each tool is unique and possesses certain characteristics. Due to the wide variety of tools available, you may face difficulty to select the most suitable one for a project. So as to make automated tests effective you should-
- Research software product under test and project.
- Clearly determine what tests are to be automated.
- Figure out the requirements to the automated tests and tools for automation.
- Do study of some more or less available tools for automation
- Choose the most suitable one or more tools based on research
- Discuss the selected automation tools with project team, and get permission to use
- Proceed to tests automation
Let us see the details of Automated Testing Tools For Android.
Automation Testing Tools For Android-
It is an open source, and a cross platform Mobile Testing Tool for the hybrid and native iOS. It supports Android versions from 2.3 onwards. Appium works like a server running in the background like selenium server. This tool supports various programming languages like Java, Ruby, C# and others which are in the WebDriver library. Also it has the ability to easily test multiple devices in parallel. Appium automates the android by using the UIAutomator library given by Google as a part of Android SDK. It can control Safari and Chrome on mobile devices. Also, can be synchronized with testing framework TestNG. Here UI Automator can produce informative and detailed reports, like reports generated by Ranorex.
In addition to this, appium has support from a large open-source community and is easy to install and a low maintenance tool.
- There is no need to recompile the application as it has a standard robotization APIs.
- Freedom to use any testing framework
- Appium is easy to setup on a different platform
- It doesn’t require anything to be installed on a device
- It can be integrated with other tools with the help of Java
Selendroid is an automation framework for hybrid android apps and mobile web. It supports Windows, Mac and Linux OS. Also supports test writing with Selenium 2 client API. Selendroid is useful for emulators and real devices. Integration with Selenium Grid is allowed to make it scalable and a platform for parallel testing.
- It is compatible with JSON Wire Protocol
- Has built-in Android driver web view a[[ to test the mobile web.
- It allows you to find UI elements through different locator types
- Also supports hot plugging of hardware devices
It is an automation tool that has both free and paid versions. And both of them gives testers the ability to check the real devices. It also supports automation of actions that manual testing would require. This includes speaker and camera control, orientation, GPS simulations, multi-touch gestures, connection management and so on.
Kobiton will also capture all the actions by the tester so identify and resolve issues is more easy and quick.
- Supports Appium 1.6.4
- Simplified user experience to streamline test sessions
- Centralized testing history and data logs for increased collaboration
- With Kobiton you will get scriptless automation on any device.
- This intelligent test automation will allow you to perform manual testing on one device and replicate the same test on hundreds of devices.
Squish for Android is a premium automation tool that supports native, web and hybrid mobile apps. Because of unique and stable object identification methods, Squish can run on mobile device emulators and different real device without any change. Squish does not require you to jailbreak or root the device. The easy to use tool allows testers to get started with the automated GUI quickly and easily.
- Support for embedded web content
- Provides support for the automation of both standard and complex gestures
- Ready for Test devices in the Cloud
- CI and source control integration
- Provides IoT testing
It is one of the popular Android testing tools used to automate functional tests for Android software. With MonkeyRunner, you don’t have to deal with the source code to automate tests. This tool provides an API for writing programs that control an Android device or emulator from outside of Android code. Tests are written in Python to create tests one may use a recording tool. The main set-backs of MonkeyRunner is that it is important to write scripts for every device and the tests require adjustments each time when UI of the tested program is changed.
- It can control multiple devices
- In order to automate tests, one does not have to deal with the source code
- This tool can be used for Automated functional testing
- Monkeyrunner can be used for regression testing too
Ranorex is a good tool to test automation for latest and early versions and sub-versions of Android starting from Android 2.2. It allows an automated test engineer to create tests easily with just a few mouse clicks. It allows to elaborate additional program modules. These models may be used during late late development cycles for complex test cases. One of the advantage of Ranorex is its detailed reports with screenshots. It can connect a smartphone or tablet to the internet via WiFi.
- Ranorex handles everything from desktop applications developed in C#, Java, or Delphi to HTML5 web applications, as well as native iOS and Android apps
- Testers with little or no experience in programming can use Ranorex
- Drag and drop individual test automation steps from the object repository to supplement recordings
This testing framework is to perform acceptance tests for Android and iOS apps. It allows automatic UI interactions within an application like inputting text and validating responses. Calabash can be used by mobile developers and the ones who don’t know coding skills. It contains libraries and with the help of these, test code will be able to programmatically interact with native and hybrid apps.
- This tool allows you to configure tests to run on multiple android and ios devices.
- It provides APIs that have functionalities to run native apps on touch screen devices
- Supports cucumber
- Support for cucumber automation will allow you to write the tests in plain English
- Allows access to Xamarin test cloud
It is a SmartbBear’s automated UI testing tool with AI that provides a platform to test desktop, web and mobile apps with hybrid object and visual recognition engine. Testcomplete is a flexible tool to create functional GUI tests, there is no need to choose between scripting and scriptless testing.
- It has hybrid object and visual recognition engine
- Provides features of data-driven testing, automated test reporting and analysis, object recognition with AI and HTML5 test automation
This automation platform allows companies to create and execute various automated tests in parallel. It can run test cases on more than 1000 real Android devices in the cloud at the same time. Experitest provides real-time interaction, visual test reports and analytics. Also, it provides the ability to debug the apps in real-time. With this amazing tool, software developers can accelerate the testing processes on native, web and hybrid mobile apps.
It is the best automation tools to test how mobile apps behave under different network conditions. This tool provides several pre-defined network scenarios based on common connectivity solutions. Including 3G, 4G, LTE it allows testers to emulate a wide range of network conditions. Tool allows teams to establish the effect of different levels of packet loss, delays, adverse conditions like bandwidth issues, jitter and so on. Also testers can use this tool to recreate certain scenarios and especially those that had issues.
- Customizable, controlled and repeatable tests
- More than 22 predefined network scenarios
You can also know- Top android app development trends you should know in 2020.
Automating testing processes enables development companies to save on costs and time, eliminate human errors and produce better quality software. However, its success requires an understanding of the application, proper research, planning and selecting the right tool. Here you’ve seen top 10 automation tools with its features and benefits.
If you are still confused to choose the best one, consult with solace experts. We are here to help you through consultation and development of best android apps. You can hire android developers of solace team to develop feature rich application. Connect with Solace and get a free quote for android app development. We will be happy to help you.