Technology is progressively updating day by day. So, modernizing software to be more cloud based can be the best solution to keep ahead in the industry. For that, you have two options, you can choose a way of using individual components like building blocks or you should choose a more turnkey, all in one solution. You can use a mix of two, likewise a hybrid cloud. There are three backend solutions that are top choices of developers- Google’s Firebase, Amazon Web Services(AWS), MongoDB. Also, all these three have different domains, different functionality and scale. To choose the best one among them, let us see, Firebase vs. AWS vs. MongoDB .
Firebase vs. AWS vs. MongoDB-
Firebase is a ready- to- use mobile and web application development solution by Google. It is a cloud server. Also, its services are good at starting stage. It is not well developed like AWS. Firebase allows developers to quickly spin up mobile app prototypes from scratch. Similarly, its extra features allows developers to grow and improve apps over time.
Features of Firebase-
- App messaging and push notifications.
- Insights and Analytics.
- It supports IOT.
- Real time database design and file storage.
- Server Management.
- Scaling and also Load balancing as demand increases.
Pros and Cons of Firebase-
- Ready-made API
- Realtime data
- Static File hosting
- File storage with support of Google
- traffic management service
- Treat data as streams to build highly scalable applications
- Traditional relational data models are not applicable to NoSQL; therefore, your SQL chops will not transfer.
- Limited query abilities due to data stream model
- No on-premise installation
If you have a small team to set up, firebase will be the best choice than AWS setup. It doesn’t require skillful learning, so it is easy to use for those having less knowledge. You can hire dedicated firebase developers for effective cloud-based development.
2. Amazon Web Services-
Amazon Web Services is a global cloud computing platform provided by Amazon. It provides combination of Infrastructure as a service(IaaS), platform as a service(PaaS) and also packaged software as a service(SaaS) offering. Because of, it is a subsidiary of Amazon, it always maintains its quality. Instead of creating their own infrastructure to support internal systems and applications, high traffic businesses with more requirements can host their apps or sites with AWS, with extensive list of computing services.
Features and functions of AWS-
- Serverless components by AWS Lambda
- Sending transactional emails to a large list, with Amazon’s SES
- Storage and file sharing with Simple Storage Service(S3)
- Deploy software containers with Docker, then run and manage those containers with Amazon’s EC2 Container Service(ECS) and EC2 Container Registry (ECR).
Pros and Cons of AWS-
- Global reach and scalability
- Eliminating Capacity Constraints & Mitigating Cost
- Easy to use
- No capacity limits
- Provides speed and Agility
- Secure and Reliable
- Requires technical support fee
- General cloud computing issues
- Requires slight learning curve
You can choose AWS, when you need to deal with large volumes of data,want to add a CDN to your system, or create a shared file system internally.
It is a document – oriented NoSQL database for unstructured data and real-time apps and analytics. MongoDB is compatible with .NET applications, Java Platform and even more. It is used for high volume data storage. Also, MongoDB has built – in features that makes it best for businesses that need fast and flexible access to their data. It is well suited for the cloud due to its horizontal scalability.
Features and Functionality-
- Dynamic schemas
- Location-based data analytics and operations
- Document based
- Free to use
- MongoDB is a distributed database at its core, so high availability.
Pros and Cons of MongoDB-
- Flexible Database
- High speed
- High Availability- Replication
- Ad-hoc query support
- Easy environment support
- Full Technical support
- High memory usage
- Limited listing
- Limited data size
- Complex transaction
You can use MongoDB for mobile and social networking sites, real time analytics and high speed logging, caching and high speed scalability. Also, it can be the best choice for e-commerce product catalog.
Conclusion of Firebase vs. AWS vs. MongoDB-
Keep in mind, all these are developed to perform a different back-end function. Also, these 3 have different pros and cons based on their functionalities. Hence, the selection depends on requirements and integration needed before migrating or committing to a solution.
If you’re interested to adopt web or mobile cloud-based development in your business, then we’re happy to help you get started. Solace is there to help you for cloud-based development. Expert’s at Solace believe in benefits of using Firebase, AWS and MongoDB. We will provide the means to bring your company the success it deserves. You can hire dedicated Firebase developers, AWS developers, and MongoDB developers for effective cloud-based web development. Connect with Solace and get a free quote for web development. We will be happy to help you.