What is a CMS?
WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and Magento are all content management systems. This means they are software programs which create a website for us without the need to have a detailed knowledge of coding. Here we discuss only on Joomla and Drupal. You can see the difference between Joomla, Drupal and Wordress at- WordPress vs. Joomla vs. Drupal: the real difference.
They are designed to help you manage our website, enabling us to upload and edit new content; control how, when and to whom the content is displayed; and manage how the user and the content interact.
Benefits of the CMS-
- Shared resources
- Remote access
- Flexibility for developers
- Quick and easy page management
- Design is separate from content
- Search engine-friendly
- Workflow management
- Approval systems
- Mobile ready
- Consistent brand and navigation
- Archive capabilities
What is Joomla ?
Joomla is an easily configurable and very popular Content Management System, which makes it simple to create a web page.
The open source software is like many others – free and the source code is accessible to everyone.
The software can be copied as often as we like, but also distributed and modified without restrictions in order to create your own site. It is based on PHP, which is a server side language. All content used on the homepage is stored in a MySQL database.
What is Drupal ?
Drupal is a free, community-built website development tool. It is one of the best Content Management Systems (CMS) on the Internet. With Drupal, we can create all sorts of websites – from small personal ones to big corporate portals. It’s up to us and our needs – Drupal can handle it all!
Drupal uses a point-and-click interface to let us add pages, menus, images and file uploads and it enforces security, so we can apply permissions to different kinds of users.
Joomla Vs Drupal
When CMS Comparison comes, Joomla has brilliantly combined the power and flexibility which Drupal has to offer, while also retaining the intuitive, user-friendliness that WordPress excels at, making it a perfect middle ground in a crowded marketplace.
- Joomla is a free open-source Content Management System that will manage your website content as easily and securely as possible.
- Drupal is an open source CMS and web development platform. With the many features and functionalities of Drupal, amazing things can be created.
- Joomla and Drupal are both Supported on Windows, Mac and Web-based.
- Joomla is an open-source CMS, which means that you can use it for free.
- Drupal is a free and open-source platform.
- Joomla is the second most popular CMS with 6,5% market share. Popular sites using Joomla: Linux, McDonald’s, IKEA, Harvard.
- Drupal is the third most popular CMS with 4,6% market share. Popular sites using Drupal: NBC, Patch.
- Easy to use and learn,
- Lots of plugins, extensions, modules and templates,
- Great developers and community support,
- Build-in options,
- Good API
- Almost unlimited customization possibilities,
- Enterprise-level security,
- Good API,
- Lots of modules and themes,
- Great developers and community support
- Plugins compatibility
- Difficult for users without experience,
- Plugins compatibility,
Do you want to develop a website for your business? We are happy to help you get started. Team of Solace is expert in developing a website using CMS like joomla and drupal. They will develop your business website using Joomla or Drupal according to your requirement. Contact us to develop an effective website that help you to stand out in market.