These days, the digital world is transforming at a high paced and we all are experiencing new technologies and new market demands daily. So only having a website or app for business is not sufficient for business growth. You should select the best tech stack for your project. Whether you are an IT expert or an entrepreneur, the selection of the right technology stack might be difficult for you. Selection of the right technology stack for your business will impact your future development also. So, should you employ either MERN stack or MEAN stack? Here we came across the comparison between MERN stack vs MEAN stack. Before digging into the comparison let us see the details of each one in detail.
What Is MERN Stack?
MERN Stack Components-
- MongoDB- It is a No-SQL data store
- ExpressJS- It builds on the top of NodeJS that deals with website’s back-end functionality and structure
- ReactJS- It is a library that helps to build the user interface elements of single-page web apps.
Benefits Of Choosing MERN-
- MERN stack accepts the whole development cycle from front-end to abc-end using JS
- It supports a model view controller(MVC) architecture for the uniform development process
- It has an extensive set of testing tools
- React library gives you access to high-end tools for building apps. Developers are free to use the library for designing their web apps.
- Supports model view controller (MVC) architecture for a smooth development process.
- Developers can use codes written on React on both browsers and servers. This JS stack gives the flexibility of making pages on the server when required.
What Is MEAN Stack?
MEAN Stack Components-
- MongoDB- It is used to collect the data of back-end app as JSON files.
- ExpressJS- It is a back-end app that operates on top of NodeJS.
- AngularJS- It allows you to run code in the user browser
Benefits Of Choosing MEAN-
- MEAN is great for real-time web apps
- It is cost-friendly and so startups and SMEs can use MEAN
- This technology is simple to switch between client and server
- MEAN stack makes Isomorphic coding possible. With this, one can easily move code to another framework that is written in a particular framework.
- Also, it is cloud-compatible and open-source. MongoDB helps to send cloud functions within the app by reducing the circle space cost.
MERN Stack Vs MEAN Stack- A Comparison
1. MVC Support-
If you are going to develop an enterprise-level app, you should maintain a complete architecture. And so you can choose MEAN stack over MERN stack. This will give you the Model-View-Architecture support. But you can go with the MEAN stack if you will manage the code simply.
MERN uses React which updates the virtual DOM. Hence you can code apps rapidly by using MERN.
The MEAN stack uses Angular which updates the real DOM(Document Object Model). DOM acts as a programming interface for XML and HTML documents.
So, a single framework can not fulfill every business objective. You have to analyse each feature, match them with fast development requirements and select the best to get better results and accomplish your business goals.
3. Code Management And Upgradation-
With the advantage of using Angular, the MEAN stack makes handling and upgrading your code less complex. Being an efficient and complete framework, Angular can help the MVC architecture.
You can separate database-related code from UI-related code using an intermediate layer which makes code management and upgradation code easier. Managing and upgrading React code is more involved because of the presence of third-party libraries.
4. Data Flow-
For React, the data flow is unidirectional. Hence, if you use React, you can change the UI only after transforming the model state. Bidirectional data binding of React gives a better data overview, that helps to handle large projects. Hence MERN is better to handle large projects.
Angular has bidirectional data flow, meaning that if you change the UI, it transforms the model state automatically. If you are working on a small project, bidirectional data binding of Angular becomes more efficient. Here, MEAN stack helps.
Node.js, Express.js and MongoDB are common in MEAN stack and MERN stack, the profitability comparison will be between Angular and React.
Angular features a CLI(Command Line Interface) and it improves the productivity of designers. Whenever you redesign a code, you will discover that the Angular CLI makes it easier. Because of external libraries, updating React code is a more added exertion. Angular provides better profitability. You would use third-party libraries associated with React that provide lower designer productivity.
6. Third-Party Support-
ReactJS has alternative libraries for bringing in similar functionality. MEAN handles third-party extensions in a plug and play way, while MERN requires additional configurations for performing a similar thing.
When building enterprise-level apps, using third-party libraries is another great factor for contemplating. MEAN contains Angular that has in-built features for supporting HTTP calls and uniting to the backend.
7. App Development-
For app development, Angular provides the Ionic framework that is used to build hybrid mobile apps. These apps has low development costs as it just need one codebase for both iOS and Android platforms.
In this case, react native is a bit different. It provides native user experience so MERN stack is better option for mobile app development.
8. Security And Scalability-
MERN and MEAN stack both offers top-level security, so you canopy with this. But MERN is more scalable than MEAN so in terms of security MERN wins the race.
9. CRUD Apps-
You can easily create a CRUD(Create, read, Update, delete) app from scratch. React manages the data change very rapidly and provides a great UI. MERN is a perfect framework to build mobile app or single-page app.
10. Advanced And Simple UI-
To get an advanced and simple UI for apps, opt for MERN technology. It generates a frame and immediately presents it on the screen ensuring a constant user interaction.
In the comparison of MERN vs MEAN stack it is difficult to choose the best one because both MERN and MEAN includes top features and functionalities. The above mentioned comparison will surely help you to choose the best one as per your business requirements. You can hire developers of a Solace team to get a better result and meet your business goal. Connect with Solace and get a free quote for software development with MEAN stack or MERN stack. We will be happy to help you.