Choosing a mobile app development tool is important decision because, if it turns good then you can take its benefits to a very long time, and if it turns bad then you have to use new development strategy with new investment which requires more time. Once you choose the technology, it will decide the quality and capability of your app. If you need to change the technology in future, it will need complete reworking, expensive and time consuming.
Before selecting mobile app development tool, carefully study the requirements, required functionality and features which you have to work out. Over the years, there are vast increase in programming language for developing mobile app in Android and IOS. Let’s have a look to some mobile app development tools.
Mobile App Development Tools-
- Ionic is a cross-platform, and due to this it can run on multiple operating systems.
- This framework is based on Saas CSS language, hence it is easy to use. It can be integrated with AngularJS for development of more advanced apps.
- It is open source and mostly used to build hybrid applications using CSS, HTML5.
- App delivery in Ionic is much easier. It does not require much skills. Ionic builds progressive web and native mobile apps for every major app store.
- It allows developers to create apps for all major app stores with single codebase.
- It offers great tools and services for the development of highly interactive applications.
- Xamarin is first choice used for native application development. It runs on .NET language because it is built in C#.
- It works with easy cycle of build, test, deploy, and repeat using C++ programming language.
- It allows code sharing in multiple platforms which is its one of the best features. Xamarin is a mono framework, consequently it allows the communication with the API of mobile devices.
- Xamarin has cloud service, so it allows you to test multiple number of devices.
- It allows developers to develop scalable and robust app by its QA and testing features.
- One of the biggest advantage of Xamarin is that it results with lesser bugs and a single test can validate both the platforms.
- In Xamarin developers can select from a host of free and paid components.
- Xamarin Component Store has UI controls, third party web services, and cross-platform libraries.
- Sencha is another strong platform available for free in open source or as a commercial version. It is used for rapid mobile application development.
- If you want to create native app that is compatible with the latest versions of Android, IOS, Blackberry then in such cases Sencha will be your best choice.
- It reduces dependencies on multiple libraries and versions.
- One of the best features is the ability to use it through the touch of fingertips instead of mouse or keys. So it offers a high level of responsiveness for application and improves customer satisfaction.
- It has high-performance UI widgets for forms, menus, toolbars. This tool has user-friendly interface which makes it easy to use.
- Applications developed using PhoneGap work uniformly well over multiple platforms which gives the same look and feel.
- If you have to develop a hybrid app, Phone Gap should be your first priority.
- It also offers the freedom to the developers so that they can work without any hardware restrictions.
- PhoneGap has a feature that it taps into the hardware of the device such as the camera, accelerometer, geo-location, etc.
- It has a large community of developers for assembling new codes and modules to improve the quality of the apps. It is a robust tool through which you can build app without having any special skills or experience.
- Appcelerator is a tool that helps developers to create a mobile app with lesser line of code. So it improves the speed of mobile app development. Thus it is widely used by developers.
- This tool is used for app development of native app and cross-platform application. It supports iOS, Android, Windows, and browser-based HTML5 applications.
- Appcelerator has higher cloud capacity limits.
- It is not based on the concept ‘Write once, run everywhere’. It has several API’s, features and user interfaces. So it gives improved performance.
- Accelerator has the ability to create dynamic animations and other effects.
- It has good support for any new OS release and ability to view UI changes across operating systems and mobile devices.
- It has a wide network of developers and they can communicate at Appcelerator Open Mobile Marketplace so that developers and users can buy, sell, and share templates, modules, and extensions.
- If you have not heard about Flutter, Just go through our blog- What is Flutter? An about the joy of flutter.
- Google Launched Flutter. It is open-source mobile application development SDK and uses Dart language.
- It eases fast development so it will be best choice for hybrid application development.
- Flutter has more efficient and portable GPU providing UI that allows it to work on multiple, up-to-date interfaces. It gives a comfort space to app developers for the reuse of existing code.
- Flutter offers the concept of widgets. So, you can create any tricky UI using any of these widgets.
- From the android developers point of view flutter has more material widgets implemented than available even on android. First of all creating custom widget in Flutter is simple with fun and also requires less time.
- It uses 2D rendering engine called Skia to develop the visuals. The visuals simulates like the Material Design and Cupertino style.
- Flutter has a command named as Flutter Doctor which helps to identify bugs or flaws in the app. It helps developers to easily locate problems in app and solve it.
- It also has one more amazing feature due to which you can setup and format pictures and online videos.
Compare the Flutter and Xamarin for choosing the best tool for mobile app development and hire flutter developers for an effective app development. You can check it at – Flutter vs Xamarin- Know the comparison!
There are multiple mobile app development tools is market and they fluctuate in price, complexity, usability, performance. So choosing the best mobile app development tool for your app is a tough. Hence just thoroughly go through with your requirements and features provided by tools.
Are you looking to develop an effective mobile app for your business? Hire dedicated app developers expert in new app development tools. We at Solace believe in the benefits and effectiveness of choosing the best mobile app development tool. We will provide the best solution to bring your company the success it deserves. Feel free to contact us for any mobile app development.