PWA is an interesting topic in software development since the most recent few years. The reason behind such PWA popularity can be effectively clarified. A few years back, it has been a dream for developers to combine the power of native mobile applications and websites. But, now times have changed as PWA unites the best sides of native and web applications. Let’s see What are Progressive Web Apps and best frameworks for building PWA-
What are Progressive Web Apps?
Best Progressive Web Apps Frameworks and tools-
It is confirm that, PWA is taking the smartphone world by a stride. If you are thinking to use them for marketing your business, the initial step is to choose which framework to build it on. Presently, there are various choices available. But, not all frameworks are satisfactory. Here are the best ones you can discover.
1. Angular JS-
AngularJS is a powerful tool for building the client side part of web applications. The appearance of Angular 5 has brought developers a simple approach to make PWA. Angular 5 is now furnished with a great service worker for built-in PWA support. The most recent version of this framework has a few new features for making responsive and also reliable PWA. This tool empowers scalability for a project, so your application would now be able to deal with a major extent of data. New CLI commands allow developers to effortlessly transform projects into a PWAs.
Key Benefits of Angular-
- Easy implementation due to clearly defined methodology
- The addition of CLI has shortened the learning curve for the framework
- Includes IntelliSense and Typescript
- Excellent support, as Google backs it
Key Benefits of React-
- A common ecosystem
- smooth operations and great support because of supported by Facebook
- React helps to create scalable and flexible apps
- The code used to develop for web apps can also be used for native apps
- The rendering process is very quick, due to to Virtual-DOM
Disadvantages of React-
- Only a programmer can use the framework since it requires knowledge about JSX
- This framework is quite complex
- There is no defined methodology. Subsequently, execution is tricky
As compared to React and Angular, Vue is much newer. Vue features one of the fastest growing libraries among all other frameworks. This is because the framework has managed to crack the code by conveying two basic things-high-speed rendering and simple coding. Similar to React, you can go through extra packages to scale your application using Vue.
Key Benefits of Vue-
- Big players like Laravel and Alibaba support the framework
- As the code is simple; it is easy for new developers to learn it
- The framework is quite simple
- has similar concepts like Angular and React
Disadvantages of Vue-
- support team is small
- The advantage of flexibility creates issues when used
Key Benefits of Polymer-
- It has complete support, including routing, data level, and responsive designs
- The API is simple to understand
- Presence of embedded development tools render the need for debugging tools unnecessary
Disadvantages of Polymer-
- not SEO friendly
- high reloading time
- There is no official IDE
It is an open-source framework having foundation on Angular framework and also Apache Cordova. This framework has been used to create more than 5 million hybrid applications. It has a library of components for iOS and Android. Ionic permits developers to create website pages that run inside the browser of a device using WebView, which basically renders web pages so that they resemble a native application.
Key Benefits of Ionic-
- Since the framework is open-source, which reduces the expense of development.
- Easy to learn
- Easy maintenance
- It has Built-in tools
- It has an extensive library. You can access APIs without coding
Disadvantages of Ionic-
- You must update your app frequently to keep up with the latest changes on the framework
It is a tool made by Google. Workbox incorporates a few Node modules and libraries that improve the web application performance and eases development of progressive web applications. If the PWA is ready, one shouldn’t forget to ensure that all requirements referenced in Google’s PWA checklist are met.
This tool was developed by Google so as to improve the quality of web applications. This tool lets you know if your web application is ready to turn into a PWA. At the point when you add your website to this application, Lighthouse measures it on its four criterias and shows issues that you should solve to increase the productivity of your web application.
Choosing the appropriate framework or tool for your progressive web app is one of the most important tasks. It decides whether your developed application will be responsive, scalable, interactive, powerful, and easy to use or not. Which framework is perfect for you is relies upon your application needs and the expertise of your developer. Hence, you can’t choose without your developers’ input.
If you are confused to choose the best framework/tool, consult with solace experts. Solace experts are well well proficient to give you the best web solution as per your requirement. Develop your best software with Solace for more efficiency. We will be happy to help you.