What Is NodeJS?
Know the reasons to use Node.js for server side programming at- Top 5 Reasons To Choose Node.js For Server-Side Programming
Pros Of NodeJS-
- To scale horizontally, you need to include new nodes into current system and to scale vertically, you can integrate various resources into single nodes.
- Allows developers to implement code efficiently. Also, code execution happens rapidly because of the runtime environment supported by non-blocking I/O operations.
Cons Of NodeJS-
- It doesn’t possess a well-sufficient library system as compared to other programming languages. So, developes have to use various common libraries for things like ORM, processing images and so on.
- NodeJS developers may face issues with its highly-unstable API. From time-to time, a new API appears consisting of backward-incompatible changes. So, developers are urged to update it.
- Code in asynchronous programming is needed for scalability, lots of developers find it challenging to work as compared to linear blocking I/O programming.
What Is ReactJS?
The latest version of React is React 18. If you don’t know the features of React 18, have a look at- What’s New In React 18?
Pros Of ReactJS-
- It offers in-depth documentation wirth a wide range of tutorials and resources for developers.
- ReactJS has improved the dynamic web app development process.
- Now, it has streamlined the entire method. Using the browser extension, you can integrate HTML quotes, syntax into code.
- It allows developers to use various components for web app development. Those components include specific logic and functionality.
- ReactJS improves the performance because of Virtual DOM. DOM is a cross-platform programming API that looks after HTML, XML or XHTML.
- As compared to other JS frameworks, ReactJS is SEO-friendly. Various search engines are not able to read JS’-heavy apps properly.
Cons Of ReactJS-
- ReactJS has poor documentation. It continuously modifies so it becomes hard to make in-depth documentation.
- Main drawback is that quickly updating environment makes it challenging for developers to learn and implement new things in web apps.
NodeJS- Frontend Or Backend Library?
Node.js consists a feature that allows automatizing routine tasks, including code testing, tool kit etc., which is available under the front-end environment. In short, Node.js can be used for both front-end and back development. Because of the scalability and huge community, developers prefer it for front-end development.
React- Front-End Or Back-End Library-
React is a front-end library, developed and maintained by Facebook since 2015. It works well with any old web server like Apache, NGINX or using backend like Ruby or Rails, PHP etc. ReactDOM library works efficiently with web browser’s DOM.
By using react, it is possible to develop a web app that solves the issues of user interactions and performance due to its DOM manipulations.
Can We Use NodeJS With ReactJS?
Obviously, Node.js is a convenient platform to host and run a web server for React apps because of-
-Using an NPM (Node Package Manager), Node works with NPM registry to easily install any package through NPM CLI.
-Node bundles a React app into a single file for easy compilation using webpack and other Node modules.
Also, using Nodejs to host and run web server helps in various ways-
-It uses a speed optimized V8 engine to address bulk requests which are handled through callback functions to ensure quantity and quality.
-Developers can execute Reactjs code directly in the Node.js environment.
-Components of React DOM are designed to work with Nodejs that reduce lines of code
Sometimes, changing the backend is not a feasible option. Node.js offers highly reliable and efficient tools that can be used without need for Node Web Server.
Do We Need NodeJS In The Backend To Run React?
Most of you might think that, we need a Nodejs backend to run Reactjs. But this is not true. There is no need for Nodejs each time you use React.
Reactjs is a library, used to render the user-interfaces of your web and mobile apps. Whereas, Nodejs is a runtime environment to handle data communication on server-side. It is used to provide real-time data management in app networking. It is better to analyze use cases of Nodejs and React before development starts.
Reactjs can only be used to build UI components on the frontend, Nodejs will handle the data stored on the backend. Tools like React-router and redux provides direct communication to be handled at the server-side by Nodejs. Whenever a user interacts with user-interface (Reactjs) and a server request is made, browser send data according to the specified URL path from the backend (Nodejs).
Here’s the significance of Reactjs, as a frontend framework, loads the components attached to the routes(Navigation and read routing). As a backend, Node.js does not care about which component loads on a particular URL request.
Reasons To Use NodeJS And Reactjs To Make Code Highly Efficient And Scalable-
1. Real-time data- If app’s core is based on Real-time data-intensive management or data streaming, Node.js is better to use for continued server connection.
2. High Server Load- Use of Nodejs with React is good when your web app needs handling of n number of requests and maintaining server laid balance.
3. Single Page Apps(SPA)- Single page app development in React using node to build lightweight backend model for asynchronous data loading through callback functions.
4. MERN Stack- Nodejs can be used with react with MERN stack
Why Combination Of NodeJS & React Is Best?
In such a case, data and modules are perfect for handling vast apps and improving readability across multiple devices.
React and Node have different functions- React for front-end and Node for backend. Node.js can do all kinds of scripting and CLI tools. Using React with Node can help you to scale your project at a next level. So, some popular companies like PayPal, netflix uses Nodejs.
If you are also thinking to use Nodejs with React, consult with Solace experts. We are here to help you through consultation and development. You can hire nodejs developers and react developers of a solace team for an effective development. Connect with Solace and get a free quote for web app development. We will be happy to help you.